That was 51% last year. By using the budget efficiently, you can do more for the content team. You can outsource more effectively if you have your basic conditions in order, such as a strategy for your content marketing, a tone of voice, and established KPIs. This way, a freelancer or external specialist knows immediately what needs to be done. It is also possible to outsource a specific assignment. Extra professionals in-house give the team more speed and flexibility.
To measure is to know
If you don’t measure your results, you don’t know what works and what doesn’t. It makes sense that not all content will resonate with your B2B audience. Therefore, keep a close eye on which content works well and which does not. In addition, changes around SEO or search algorithms (62%) have been Business Development Directors Email Lists top of mind at B2B organizations for 2 years. This year, data management/analysis (50%) was the second priority in the survey. In a digital environment where data is becoming increasingly important, this is certainly plausible. By measuring success step-by-step, you can understand which technologies are most successful and how to increase ROI ( return on investment.
The takeaways of the investigation
- In 2021, small content teams were still the norm
- More budget is used to outsource work
- The biggest challenge in content marketing outsourcing is finding partners with up-to-date expertise
- Content marketing budgets are expected to continue to grow
- Virtual events and webinars delivered the best results
- Investment in events is expected to increase in 2022
- Changes in SEO/search algorithms and data management/analysis are top of mind in 2022
- More investments in videos, own media resources and paid media in 2022
A sound strategy can contribute to an effective way of working, even if the amount of work increases. Working strategically and structurally ensures a clear picture of all activities. As a B2B content marketer, it helps you get the results you want faster. In addition, the implementation of the team structure is very important. Investments in the well-being, talents and passions of team members can also significantly increase productivity. Think, for example, of creating a confidential corporate culture or a personal development budget.