Most online experiences start with a search engine, and the most visited sites are those ranked first on Google. These are the reasons why web page owners, whether it’s a blogger, a business or an e-commerce site , want to be on the first page of the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). ).
But to get there, you have to be well referenced, in other words optimize your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) . Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to a website. SEO refers to improving unpaid results and excludes direct traffic and buying paid sites. One of the solutions to improve your SEO is to hire an SEO web copywriter.
These specialized SEO web writers will allow you, through original and quality content, to better rank your site, increase organic traffic to your pages and boost your visibility. In other words, to increase your sales!
We will tell you a little more about SEO web writing in this article, focusing on copywriting work.
What is An SEO Web Copywriter?
To put it simply, an SEO web writer, or web copywriter, is someone responsible for writing articles for a website. But the job of a web editor is not limited to just writing a text, he must also optimize it using key words or phrases so that it is optimized for SEO.
The challenge of SEO copywriting is Turkmenistan Email List balancing content to help Google rank it, while still remaining interesting and engaging to the reader.
The basics of SEO web writing
The first step in becoming a web copywriter is to understand search engine optimization. Before writing any content, he starts by looking for a keyword around which he builds SEO content. Often, it is the SEO copywriter’s client who provides this list of keywords.
When you have a topic to write, you need to do some keyword research first. Here’s how to do it:
• Enter your keyword or phrase into a keyword research tool, such as Google’s Keyword Planner or other SEO keyword research tool.
• Look at the number of searches carried out for this keyword or this expression during the previous month for example. There are times when a newbie web writer might want to write on a keyword that has a lot of searches, but it should be noted that the number of searches is not the only consideration you should take into account. You have to assess the competition afterwards.
• What is the competition for this keyword or phrase? If there is a lot of searches, but also strong competition, you might have a hard time ranking for that keyword in search results. Sometimes it is better to choose a different keyword with less searches, but also, less competition.
• What are the other keywords? The tools are a big help in identifying keywords that might be better for ranking, or variations of the keyword to use in the article to avoid overusing a single keyword. Indeed, a search engine can penalize the website because of the keyword stuffing.
Where to Use Keywords in SEO Web Writing?
Once you have defined the keywords and keyphrases that you are going to use as a website SEO copywriter, you need to use them in specific areas of the site. Indeed, they must appear in:
• The title, in an HTML tag called H1.
• Subtitles, or in H2, H3 tags, etc.
• Metadata , such as meta-Title (if you have access to the page’s metadata).
• Anchors of links towards other relevant pages for the expression or the internal mesh.
• In the body of the text .
• Title and description of images.
Note that if you get paid to write the content, you will need to use the keyword in the headlines, subtitles, and in the article. When you send the article to the customer, you should tell them which keywords you have targeted (unless the customer has given you the keywords), so that they can put them in the metadata, images and anchors.
Keyword frequency in SEO writing
One of the problems with SEO content writing is that it can be boring to the reader on the site. Also, Google, in particular, doesn’t like to see a keyword or phrase used too many times in a single text.
Experts seem to disagree on the percentage or “perfect” number of uses for a keyword. The average appears to be 3% to 7%. There are online programs and plugins that can analyze your keyword density and tell you if it’s too much or not enough. Sometimes the customer asks you what is expected in terms of density.
Seo Web Writing for Readers
You need to use your copywriting skills to produce quality, well-written SEO content for readers, while keeping the various search engine optimizations in mind.
Ideally, you should write your article to appeal to the end reader. Also, the web copywriter’s client can give him instructions on the tone and style that he should employ when doing SEO web writing. Once you have a draft, review where you can use the keyword, or its variant, if you haven’t already. Check that you have used it, not only in the article, but also in the title, the subhead.
SEO success isn’t limited to web copywriting
As a web copywriter, it’s important to know that ranking on Google isn’t determined by content alone. You can write the best copy there is, but you might not get a lot of traffic. Why ? Search results are also determined by other factors, including the number of links that point to the site, the age and authority of the domain name, loading speed, etc. Google analyzes over 200 factors to rank a site, and SEO content is one of them, but it’s not all.
While a web copywriter is not affected by these other factors, it is still useful to educate clients on them so that they are sure to do the rest of the work required. This, always with the aim of improving the natural referencing of the site.